Friday, February 4, 2011

The woman's sanctuary

Every woman needs a place to pamper herself, where she puts her "pretty" on. I grew up having a vanity since I was a little girl. It is a place, that is all mine, where I can just be me.


Believe it or not, I found this vanity at an antique flea market for FIVE DOLLARS! Can you believe it? It definitely a little TLC and a few coats of paint, but isn't it divine? I still need to make a cushion for the chair, but I'll get there. The woman who sold it to me said it belonged to a friend that had owned it for over 50 years. I love grabbing these finds!



This is the overview. My make-up is in the two drawers on either side. I don't own too much make-up. Variety is good... over-indulgence is sloppy.



This is the top shelf. A little crowded, but has everything I need. My perfume on a beautiful tray, magnifying mirror, more perfume and lotion, vintage hand mirror, and a Strawberry Cream candle.

This is where I go to get my pretty on in the morning and wipe it away before bed. Although tonight, there is no make-up to wipe away. I am sick as a dog with a swollen sore throat and a very, very stuffy nose. This weekend is definitely going to be a relaxing, bed ridden one.

No comments:

Post a Comment