Saturday, February 26, 2011

Military Banquet Dress

In less then 3 weeks I am flying out to MO to attend M's first Officer's banquet. When I originally heard the word "banquet" I assumed the usual semi-formal attire and went out and bought an adorable cream/gold knee-length sheath. It is beautiful, classic, just screams Officer's wife. Well..... After M finally spoke to the woman in charge of the banquet he found out it was actually a black-tie event. The way she described it was "long dresses". HUH??? I was absolutely mind boggled as what to wear. Finally, M saw a banquet going on and saw what the ladies were wearing. THAT gave me a mental picture and so I with the help of M I found a perfect dress!




The dress is beautiful! In person it is more of a nude/peachy pink. The beading on top is crystals, rhinestones, and pearls. I THINK I'm going to pair it with a vintage 50's pearl and sequence clutch and nude pumps. Generally the strappy shoes are what is considered "formal", but with the chiffon being so delicate, I don't want any embellishments to tear at the fabric.
Now, the big question.... JEWELRY? Any ideas ladies?

2 comments:

  1. That is a really nice dress. I'm going to a military banquet too in mo in less then two weeks. I'm worried that the dress I got isnt nice enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how bizzare! What banquet are you going to?? I originally bad a different dress picked out, but my husband saw a banquet take place and said all the women were in gowns.

    ReplyDelete