Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wedding Attire... take two?

My last post about my wedding ensemble for M's cousin's nuptials has been tweaked, and by that I bought a whole other dress. I ALWAYS do this, even for my wedding I bought a second dress and ending up just wearing the first anyway! But this time, I think the second dress is a much better choice. After looking up the weather, I realized it's going to be hot, rainy, and humid the day of the wedding, and although the other dress had short sleeves there were a lot of layers which made the dress slightly heavy (for summer anyway).

So, while we were shopping for a peach tie for M (yes, we must match) I came across this GORGEOUS dress. The versatility of this dress is amazing. Formal, semi formal, casual, any day, all day, this dress is so lovely. One problem, it is a PALE peach, and by pale I mean, one shade away from an off-white. Too inappropriate for a wedding? Pish Posh, this isn't the 50's and "the only people in white should be virgins" none sense went right out the window when they started having ed in MIDDLE SCHOOL.

Viola! The dress. It is in desperate need of a good steaming, but other then that it is divine.

Now, I could wear it with the same peach accessories as the other dress. This would make the outfit really feminine, light, and classy. If you have forgotten what they are, well, here they are:

Pearl headband (possibility), peach flower (comes off headband, possibility), vintage beaded clutch, light peach drop earrings, 2 gold bangles and a peachy rose floral bangle, Revlon's Peach Petal nail polish.. And my make-up would be fresh, light, with nude lips (ala Revlon's Soft Nude) with maybe a thin cat eye... think Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's. Oh, and my fragrance would be light and girly, just like the outfit- Elizabeth Arden's Pretty.
Close up of the earrings and bangles
Paired with my go-to beige pump, of course.

OR, I can play the dress up to be a little more trendy with BLACK accessories. Black you ask? But, Le'Anna, you don't do black!? Why no, I don't, but the dress came with a thin black belt and the contrast was nice looking.
I would still lean more towards girly and classy rather then REALLY trendy pairing the dress with these accessories:

"Sexy" perfume- Victoria Secrets Sexy Little Things Noir, A deep rose colored nail polish- Maybelline's Tender Rose, I'd go with darker lips- Rimmel's Airy Fairy (A mauvey-rose color.. DIVINE for fall), black headband with pearl/rhinestone embellishments, 2 thin silver bangles, and faux diamond drop earrings. Oh! And of course my small bow necklace.
Close up of the earrings... Look at that lipstick, I am IN LOVE with this color. Can't wait for fall!

These are the only black pumps I have, but I would probably invest in a more current style. And don't forget the thin black belt at the waist of the dress.

So you see, One great dress and two very different ways to wear it. What normally happens when I find myself in a situation like this is that I take ALL the options with me, and the morning of I decide what to wear dependent on how I am FEELING. If I am feeling trendy, black it is, if I am feeling my normal feminine self then peach it will be. We shall see.

What are y'all opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment