Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Army Wife.... CLONES?

Allow me to give you some important details about my trip to MO to visit M on the Army base.... Before leaving NY I decided to lighten and highlight my hair (which when teased (daily, of course) is a little shorter then shoulder length)... it looks marvelous! But anywho, upon going for my manicure as usual, I opted for short acrylic nails (french tips with little pink flowers). I figured that fake nails would stay looking nicer longer. I had no idea what to expect, safe route it was. Rather then spend the week or 2 prior using gradual tanning lotions, the spray tan was quick and effective. In the airport I picked up a tube of Nars Turkish Delight lip gloss. I wanted to see what all the fuss about. I'm not a gloss girl, but I love this! Shortly after arriving in STL where M and I spent a wonderful weekend, M asked me if I had brought 'comfy' clothes... Um, no? If by comfy you mean lace dresses and flowy blouses then yes. He took me straight to a local store and had me pick up 2 pairs of comfy cotton yoga pants. Why you ask? M explains that no one here dresses up and that I would maybe be doing outdoorsy things. (Not in this cold!) Our romantic weekend was over, we had a long drive to the base. Once we arrived, M and I went to the Commissary for a little grocery shopping and the PX for some items. It was a cold, flurry day outside, no better day to throw on those comfy pants, a cute top, and uh oh... I didn't bring any shoes other then ballet flats and heels. I had nothing to wear with the yoga pants! M told me to suck it up and put on flats, and he would buy me some sneakers when we got there... SNEAKERS?!?!? GASP! I don't wear those! He insisted and I walked out wearing cute white and pink tennis shoes. Before leaving the PX M wanted to check one store real quick, an embroidery store that does all the work on his uniform. Okay, no problem. I walk in and immediately saw that they do custom work! Well, needless to say I walked out of there with a cute new fitted T-shirt and sweatshirt that both adorned "Proud Army Wife" in big pink letters. So tonight, I am sitting here in my comfy yoga pants and Army Wife t-shirt with matching pink sneakers. Fake nails on, hair highlighted to perfection, and lips beautifully glossed in the pink/peach shade.

WHY IS ALL THIS INFORMATION SO IMPORTANT???? With all the fun and new people I am meeting, these things are so minuscule! Well, I tell you this, Army wives must be their own breed of human. Standing around the PX, I took a good look around and..... WE ALL LOOKED EXACTLY THE SAME. Maybe it's just this area, and maybe my mind is going crazy, but even M took notice that there were clones amongst us!

So, on this particular trip, what have I found makes up about 95% of the Army wives, girlfriends, and fiancees I've seen? Exactly the things mentioned above:

Short hair with unnatural looking highlights

The hair was looking poofy, teased, and perfectly in place

Fake acrylic nails

Some were plain french tips, but most were french tips with a design

Dark glowing fake tans No umpa lumpas here. Just sunkissed skin!

Nude or Pink/Peachy glossy lips Always subtle, nothing darker then a sheen of beautiful gloss.

Heavy Mascara

We all know how much I love long, volumized lashes.



Coordinating Army Wife (or girlfriend, just Army , etc)

t-shirts and sweatshirts.





Fitted cotton comfy pants


Cute, but practical sneakers

More often then not, they matched the t-shirt.

So ladies, coincidence? Without even knowing it at the time, I turned into the clone of every Army wife I have seen. Perfectly placed hair, nails and make-up looking perfect, and yet wearing comfy gym clothes to run to the PX or other errands... Hmmmm, is it in the water here?

I realize that any girl walking down the street can fit this description, but the similarities here are in mass numbers. Not EVERYONE fit the bill, but when M, a couldntcarelessaboutmakeuporlooks has to step back and mention something, that ladies, means something. And I fit right in!

No comments:

Post a Comment